Monday, June 13, 2011

Inks Lake

Ricardo, the boys and I embarked on a little adventure to Inks Lake. It is a quaint little lake on the outskirts of Marble Falls, out in the middle of nowhere. I made reservations about two months ago due to the parks new popular demand. I guess it is the new "IT" spot to camp. Garner used to be the hot spot, but apparently the title has been taken. 

The weather this weekend was a warm and sunny 101 degrees. Yes, it is that hot in Texas. Ricardo and I spent Friday night out by the water. The boys swam (which they love) while Ricardo tried his hand at fishing. There were a few nibbles, but nothing more than that. We spent Saturday out on the water in the husby's new fishing boat, then under our tarp, in our hammocks, for the better part of the afternoon.

Overall, it was a great trip. We were desperately in need of a quick get-away due to our crazy work schedules. 

Oh, and one more thing....I am now the reigning UNO champion. Or, as I like to say, "la campeona." 

Here is a pic of Max. He is a pretty cool DUDE!! He was feeling a little camera shy! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment